Click masthead to order paperback or visit online retailers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble

Monday, August 26, 2013

Auf Wiedersehen, Lampione

EXCERPTS:


I cannot claim a favorite memory from my youth. 
Sunday Dinners come close.  Sunday Dinners were important. 
They might explain why – at the end of my life – I am
fat.



Grandpa used to claim the priests at Our Lady of Perpetual Pain
were paid by the word. Like Dickens. It is a reference I never
understood. Grandpa liked Dickens. He had only a passing tolerance
for men of God and their religion
.


The girls entered through virtually identical double doors on
the opposing side of the school; wooden crosses were affixed to their doors
though I couldn’t say what they guarded against.

None of the girls looked like vampires from a Peter Cushing film. 
There was never anything that exotic entering
Our Lady of Perpetual Pain.



 
AVAILABLE AROUND CHRISTMAS 2013.  WATCH FOR RELEASE DATE

No comments:

Post a Comment